NEW!! BOATING ON THE SCHOHARIE RESERVOIR is as easy as:
- Obtain a Reservoir Access Permit
- Have your boat steam cleaned or rent one
- Take your boat to the launch site
- Put on your life vest and have a fun time!
A FEW REMINDERS:
- If you want to fish on the reservoir, a fishing license is required
- Non-motorized boats only (electric motors are not allowed)
- Reservoir is open sunrise to sunset, seven (7) days a week, beginning the Friday of Memorial Day Weekend until the Monday of Columbus Day
- Kayaks must be at least 9 feet in length, other boats must be at least 11 feet 5 inches in length
- To participate in the program, all recreational boats must be steam cleaned and inspected by a DEP approved vendor prior to launch
- Hand carry in only, no trailers/vehicles allowed in the water
We strongly encourage you to obtain a Watershed Recreational Access Permit prior to your visit.
You may access the DEP website to request the free access permit that will be valid for five (5) years. Everyone 16 years of age and older needs to have a permit in order to gain access to any watershed facility. Our recommendation is to obtain a permit for all family members over the age of 16 that may want to visit a watershed facility.
When visiting Nickerson Park Campground bring your access permit(s) with you.
||2 Hour Rental
||4 Hour Rental
||8 Hour Rental
|1 Person Kayak
|2 Person Kayak
- All rentals include life jackets, paddles and additional 1/2 horu travel allowance to/from launch site.
- Steam cleaning / reservoir boat tag for customer owned boats is $16.95 plus tax.
- Store open at 9:00am daily. Steam cleaning/reservoir boat tag can be issued from 8:00am - 9:00am by appointment.
Discounted kayak special rates - the longer you stay - the larger the discount
5 or more Nights
Other helpful links: